Monday, September 23, 2013

Crunch Time


Three festivals in two weeks! Can I do it? I guess we’ll find out.

September 28: Barracks Row Fall Festival, DC 
I’ve done this festival before, but it sounds like organizers have taken it to a new level this year. There will be an outdoor Beer Garden, a petting zoo with llamas, goats and hedgehogs (!) and an Instagram photo competition. And (of course) me, and lots of other awesome vendors.

October 5: Art on the Avenue, Alexandria VA
This is a lovely, big, sprawling festival with 300 artists and crafters, lots of yummy food, music and great activities for the kids. Oh, and PIE. It runs 10-6 and I advise coming early before the crowd gets really thick. I’ll be between Windsor and Custis Streets on Mt. Vernon Avenue.

October 6: MPA ArtFest, McLean, VA
This is a smaller and more exclusive show with 50 artists in McLean Central Park. The McLean project for the Arts does a great job, with a beautiful setting, great food, and lots of fantastic art, jewelry and accessories. Definitely worth a visit.


Oh, and I made some very cool new clayboard neuron pieces (see above). I probably won't be bringing them to festivals unless requested - they're a little fragile - so have a look in my online shop

1 comment:

  1. I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com

    ReplyDelete